Luxury Bread with Guy Frenkel
May 14 @ 8:00 am - May 15 @ 4:00 pm
It’s love at first sight — not bite — and while tasty is the reason we gather in the first place, and healthy is a worthy goal, Guy Frenkel believes that breads can be as pleasing to the eye as to the mouth. Dough is an exciting medium — unlike clay, marble, metal, or even wood, dough is a truly living thing. Ever changing, even in the oven, it is still expanding in ways that are almost impossible to determine. Frenkel utilizes natural colors from vegetable juices, infusions of blossoms, spices, and other techniques. He experiments with shapes, create custom made stencils, and scoring patterns to create breads that are not only beautiful, but also tell a story.
Products made in class:
- Two Focaccias –
a. With sautéed gourmet, foraged, and medicinal mushrooms, sun-dried currant tomatoes, seasonal herbs and local olive oil.
b. With carmelized sweet potato, black garlic, vanilla bean, brown sugar, maple, cinnamon, rosemary, sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Purple Ocean Ciabatta – with fresh milled Purple Peruvian Corn, Purple Barley, Black Barley, and Red Wheat – with Black Garlic Olive Oil, Squid Ink and caviar.
- Bi color country – carrot, ginger, turmeric loaf with fresh milled einkorn and white wheat.
- Seeded – Ancient grains pseudo-seeds, and seeds cooked in reduced local whiskey, with dried blood orange.
- Whole grains dinner rolls- with macadamia nuts and and black goji berries.
- Baguette – with fresh milled ancient grains and chia water.
- If time permits – Gourmet Pita breads.
Day One: Thursday May 14th: 8am – 4pm
Day Two: Friday May 15th: 8am – 4pm
Breakfast and Lunch will be served both days.