Intermediate Whole Grain Sourdough
August 2 @ 8:00 am - August 3 @ 4:00 pm
Fresh wholemeal flour tastes better and can be processed more easily. We invite you to reinvent “Vollkorn” together with Meisterbäcker Pablo. We show you that nothing is impossible: light and soft whole-grain buttery brioche, airy light whole-grain ciabatta and many more amazingly good wholegrain treats. The necessary techniques and background knowledge will taught Pablo in his relaxed and easy way so that you can start a new chapter of “baking with wholegrain” after this course.
The course includes the following topics:
- Whole Grain Sourdough Brioche
- Whole Grain Sourdough Burger Buns
- Whole Grain 100% Rye bread free standing
- Whole Grain Sourdough Ciabatta
- Different Styles of German Mischbrot
- 100% natural dough stabilization by sculping, autolysis etc.
- High hydration of doughs
- Natural leavening of heavy or fatty and sweet doughs
- Different types of sourdoughs made with yeast water
The course is 1.5 days long.
Day One: Friday August 2nd, 1pm – 5pm
Preparation of the bake-day. We grind the flour needed fresh, feed the sourdoughs, prepare the pasta for next days lunch and mix the brioche and ciabatta dough.
Day Two: Saturday August 3rd, 8am – 4pm
Processing and baking the wholegrain ciabatta, brioche and burger buns. Mixing, shaping and baking the free standing 100% rye bread and the different styles of German Mischbrot.
Breakfast & Lunch will be served on Day Two.