- This event has passed.
Mockmill – Grain to Bread
September 24, 2018 @ 8:00 am - September 25, 2018 @ 4:00 pm
This hands-on course is designed for experienced bakers wishing to explore the opportunity of incorporating fresh-milled flours into their baking practice. During this 2 day class, we will discover the unique properties of various local grains, learn the latest techniques for milling, and incorporate fresh-milled flours into a wide variety of baked goods.
The course will cover:
– All aspects of small-scale stone milling
– Cutting edge artisan bread techniques learned hands-on
– Choosing grains to match your product goals
– Seeds, pseudo-grains and other ingredients
– Beyond bread: biscuits, flat breads, cookies, pasta and more with fresh-milled flours
– Hands-on experiences working with different grains
Participants will have the opportunity to use Mockmills during the course, as well as purchase at 10% off before the end of the class. This course is appropriate for professionals and serious home bakers.
GUY FRENKEL of Ceor is an internationally recognized bread luminary. Working from his garden bread studio in Los Angeles, he is a test baker and recipe developer for California Grain Campaign farmers. His creative and experimental breads have won him global recognition, and have been displayed at the Laurent and Martin Art Gallery and the Craft and Folks Art Museum in Los Angeles. Guy is an ambassador for the ‘Sourdough Library’ in Belgium and an administrator at the leading Facebook group – ‘Perfect Sourdough’.