What is Route?
Route is a shipping insurance company that provides carbon-neutral shipping, advanced order tracking and seamless issue resolution for companies that truly care about their customers and the planet.
What is “Green Package Protection”?
Green Package Protection is the combination of shipping insurance and carbon-neutral shipping that we offer our customers free of charge.
This means that every shipment that leaves our doors is protected against loss, theft or damage AND is funding projects that help offset the carbon generated from the shipment in the first place (more on that below).
Long story short, Green Package Protection is better for you AND the planet.
How does Carbon-Neutral Shipping work, exactly?
Route partners with Patch, a carbon credit marketplace, to facilitate the purchase of carbon credits to neutralize the emissions created by your shipment. Carbon credits represent a certified unit of carbon removal or avoidance delivered by environmental projects that can be purchased to naturally remove carbon from the air. Patch is a high-integrity carbon removal project that is vetted and certified by organizations like Gold Standard, Verra, Climate Action Reserve, and The American Carbon Registry.
How do I track my order with Route?
Once your order has been fulfilled by our team, a shipping confirmation with a tracking number will be emailed. You can download Route’s mobile app – available for iOS and Android – to visually track your package and receive real-time notifications on its estimated delivery.
When should I file a claim with Route?
If your order ends up lost, damaged, or stolen, Route’s support team will help ensure that your order gets replaced or refunded as quickly as possible.
For all other issues, such as product quality or the wrong item received, please contact Central Milling Customer Service at [email protected] or (707) 778-1073.
How do I file a claim for my lost, stolen or damaged order?
You can file a claim for lost, damaged or stolen orders via the Route app – available for iOS and Android – or on their website, here.
Note: To file a claim, you will need your Central Milling order number or Route ID number + the email address that was used to place the order.
How is my claim reviewed & approved?
Lost / Stuck In Transit
- For domestic orders, claims will be reviewed no earlier than 2 calendar days and no later than 30 calendar days from the last shipping update.
Stolen / Marked As Delivered
- Claims will be reviewed no earlier than 5 calendar days and no later than 15 calendar days from when it was marked delivered.
- In some cases, the Route Support team may require a police report before moving forward with an order issue.
- Claims for damaged items require photos of the packaging and items, and must be filed no later than 15 calendar days from when it was marked delivered.
You can view all of Route’s claim policies here.
How is my claim processed?
Depending on whether you choose to receive a refund or a re-order, your claim will be processed in the following ways:
- Refunds: When refunding an item, Route covers the subtotal of the order. Shipping costs and taxes are not included.
- Re-orders: Route will re-order the items, depending on in-stock availability. Unavailable items will be refunded. Route will cover the cost of any re-orders including shipping and taxes.
What are Route’s terms and conditions?
Route’s terms and conditions are listed here: https://route.com/terms-and-conditions/
Is Route a licensed insurance company?
Yes, Route is a licensed insurance company with SEG Insurance Ltd. as its partner.